Pages

Friday 1 July 2016

Coups, crises and the EU

There are so many things that I want to be writing about, but for the last seven days I have felt completely unable to move on from the shocking, tragic, confusing news of Brexit. I'm not the only one: you hear it mentioned absolutely everywhere: on the streets, on buses and tubes, in cafes, at university, on the phone and online. In recent days, more events have transpired and it's a turbulent time in British politics. I don't want to dwell on it more than necessary: for endless information, read the newspapers, online or in broadsheet. But I'm writing this very short acknowledgement to pay tribute to something momentous that is happening in my home at the moment, and I make a short wish for better times than right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment